A short free-of-cost digital course gets you started on microdata.no, or spezialises in specific themes.
- Introductory course, basic (digital, 4 hours)
- Introductory course, basic +
- Thematic courses (digital, 2 hours). Basic knowledge of microdata.no needed
- Courses and lectures on request, digital or on prem. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital courses are for free. All participants get a course kit to work with during the course supervised by an experienced lecturer.
The introductory course gets you started on microdata.no and makes it a useful tool in your daily work. You learn how to create your own data sets, to analyse them with tables, graphs, means and sums, and to calculate coefficients in causal models. The introductory courses do no prerequisite any experience with microdata.no.
After a thematic course you know how to perform advanced merging and analyses of the course theme. You need basic knowledge to miicrodata.no to attend.
The planned courses in the fall term 2022 are in Norwegian. English courses on request.
There are no upcoming events.
Working with invisible data
A researcher from Oslo Metropolitan University explains how she works with data without seeing them. She also advises master students how to use the service for their thesis. (In Norwegian)
Introductory course, basic +, english:
Introductory course, basic (Norwegian only):
Thematic course – contextual data (Norwegian only):
Thematic course – job data and data on ongoing education (Norwegian only):
- Script – job data
- Script – ongoing education on a given date
- Script – ongoing education over a longer time span
- Subject presentation – employment data
- Subject presentation – education data
Thematic course – building datasets and creating variables (Norwegian only):
Thematic course – working with invisible data (Norwegian only):
Thematic course – income, tax and welfare benefits (Norwegian only):